FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Steak au Poivre
Quality cuts of beef are a necessary foundation for this easy, one-pan meal, heightened by flavors of brandy and fresh portobellos.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon oil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms in remaining oil. Add thyme; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated. Stir in cream. Serve with steaks.