FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas
Looking for something that sizzles? This main course mimics everything you love about restaurant-style fajitas with a blend of colorful peppers and marinated chicken bundled in soft tortillas.
- 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves cut in thin strips
- 3/4 cup(s) bottled Italian dressing
- 1 small mild onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Picante sauce
- Sour cream
- In heavy plastic bag, combine chicken strips and dressing; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken strips and onions for 2 minutes. Add pepper strips and mushrooms; cook and stir until chicken is done and peppers are tender-crisp.
- Season with garlic salt, lemon juice and salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve in warm tortillas. Top with picante sauce and sour cream.