FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Strawberry Cream Cookies
These delightful tea cookies blend the tamed sweetness of shortbread with sweet strawberry jam.
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-inch-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.