FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Strawberry Cream-Filled Cookies
Sweet strawberry jam stamps a signature taste on this recipe. Bake up a batch of these colorful cream sandwiches for an impressive holiday cookie exchange or afternoon tea.
View all tips »
Tint sugar with your favorite color of food coloring.
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup(s) softened butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) strawberry jam
- Stir cookie mix, 1/4 cup butter, egg, flour and vanilla together in a medium bowl until soft dough forms. Shape dough into a ball; flatten into a disk. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. Mix sugar with red food coloring in a plastic bag until color is evenly distributed, set aside. Divide dough in half. On floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to cookie sheets. Sprinkle cookies with reserved colored sugar.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to brown. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes, transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Beat powdered sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter and jam in the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed until mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Spread filling onto non-sugared side of 1/2 of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, sugared side out.