FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Stroganoff-Style Beef Stew
When meal prep is easy, everything tastes better. Beef stroganoff has always been a classic mealtime staple, but using the slow cooker brings great fused flavors and stress-free simplicity.
View all tips »
When adding dairy ingredients to slow cooker recipes, be sure to add them toward the end of cook time to keep them from curdling.
- 16 oz. fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 lb. to 3 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Breakstone’s® Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) egg noodles, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock®
- Place mushrooms into slow cooker insert.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions and garlic stirring frequently, until soft. Transfer to slow-cooker insert. Add remaining oil to skillet, increase heat to high, and sear meat until browned on all sides. Place on top of mushrooms, onions and garlic in slow cooker. Add broth, paprika and salt. Cover with lid. Cook on low heat 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Mix sour cream and flour together. Stir into ingredients in slow cooker until well blended. Cook, covered, on low heat 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed on package.
- Drain noodles, toss with Country Crock; place in large serving bowl. Add meat mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with additional dried parsley, if desired.