FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Stuffed Barbecue Shrimp
An amazingly easy recipe for bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp! An impressive addition to any meal or party tray.
- 30 large shrimp (21-25 count per pound)
- 16 slices bacon cut in half
- 6 bamboo skewers soaked in water (1-2 hours)
- 30 basil leaves chopped very coarse
- 2 Tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup(s) KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) apple juice
- 1/4 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Mix basil stuffing and set aside. Remove shrimp shells, leaving only the tail. Butterfly shrimp by cutting down the back of the shrimp and remove vein. Place ½ teaspoons of basil stuffing in each cut. Wrap each shrimp with ½ slice of bacon, leaving only the shrimp tail exposed. Skewer shrimp to secure bacon. Each skewer can hold a full serving of 5 shrimp.
- Build a Kingsford® charcoal fire on one side of grill, such that the coals are situated on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. This will create an area for lower temperature indirect cooking away from the coals. Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Place shrimp on grill away from the coals with the tails pointing up. Cook shrimp for 14 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from the grill and place the shrimp on a paper towel to absorb excess grease.
- Holding the tail, dip each shrimp into KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce blend. Place shrimp back onto grill over indirect heat until the sauce caramelizes (about 3 minutes). Remove and serve.