FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Stuffed Freshwater Prawns
Want to impress like a classically trained chef? Try this quick and easy take on a classic prawn dish inspired by the tastes of the south of France.
View all tips »
Steam fresh seasonal vegetables and serve alongside wild rice, quinoa or couscous for a nutritious meal.
- 1 pkg. Paramount Reserve Freshwater Prawns, thawed
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. yellow onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. celery, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup(s) Ritz Crackers, crushed into coarse crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large heavy skillet, cook mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic and parsley in butter over moderate heat until softened.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chicken broth and cracker crumbs and remove skillet from heat.
- Remove shells from prawns, leaving the tail intact, and lay flat, cut-side down, on a medium cookie sheet.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of stuffing onto each prawn, pressing gently.
- Drizzle melted butter over prawns and stuffing and sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake prawns until stuffing is golden brown, about 20 minutes.