FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Stuffed Pork Loin Chops
Here’s a great idea for a main course that is easy to prepare yet supremely elegant. Try it when you have guests over—or simply as an extra special family meal.
- 2 lb. boneless pork loin
- 1 cup(s) French bread, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- cup(s) white wine (like Riesling)
- Cut four 1-inch-thick steaks or chops from the center of a boneless pork loin roast (remainder of the roast can be used in the stew, slow cooker or kebab recipes included here).
- Cut a slit horizontally almost through each chop.
- Sauté bread cubes in butter until golden brown and crisp. Set aside. Add more butter to the pan and sauté the mushrooms and onion until golden brown. Add dried rosemary and crumbled blue cheese to the pan and mix all ingredients well.
- Fill the slit (pocket) in each chop with the filling—closing with a toothpick if necessary.
- Brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat in a heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Add wine, cover and put pan in a 350°F oven for about 25 minutes to finish cooking. Drizzle pan juices over the chops to serve.