FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Summer Fruit Pie
Fresh, vibrant Sam’s Club cherries, nectarines and apricots star in this exquisite summer dessert.
- 2 cup(s) fresh Rainier cherries
- 3 medium nectarines, chopped
- 3 pluots, sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. cold butter, divided
- 6 - 7 Tbsp. ice water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. water
- In a small bowl, combine the cherries, nectarines, apricots, sugar, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine salt and remaining flour; cut in 3/4 cup butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Roll out one half to fit a 9 inch pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Add filling; dot with remaining butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and water; brush over lattice top.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.