FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Summer Peach Coffeecake
Utterly simple, this coffeecake can be made in minutes for a special breakfast treat. While you’re at it, take advantage of all the wonderful ripe summer fruit available and make two, with one to freeze. It’s equally delectable using sliced plums or nectarines and, in a pinch, can serve as dessert.
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 peaches, peeled, pit removed and sliced
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional: Replace Peaches with Plums
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Gradually stir in the flour, salt and baking powder. Spoon the batter into the pie crust and arrange peach slices in a pinwheel pattern around the top. Sprinkle evenly with lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, or until top is set.