FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Summer Squash and Zucchini Pasta Dish
One of summer’s most abundant veggies, paired with pasta, prepared sauce and seasonings for a fast and healthful dinner dish in no time.
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. uncooked pasta
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 ounce)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Sauté onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add squash, zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile prepare pasta as directed on package.
- Stir sauce and herbs into vegetable mixture. Cook 5 minutes. Drain pasta; return to pan. Add sauce mixture to pasta; toss well.
- Serve topped with cheese.