FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sunkist® Orange Caprese Bites with Orange Scented Herb Oil
When everyday snacks seem mundane, turn to these lively, refreshing citrus and savory cheese flavors to surprise and impress your guests.
- 3 oranges, segmented and zested
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. mozzarella
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, shredded into small pieces
- 20 whole wheat crackers
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. rosemary
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. thyme
- 3/4 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- Cut the mozzarella into halves.
- Zest the oranges using a micro plane or fine grater. Reserve.
- To segment the oranges, cut off the top and bottom, lay the orange on a flat surface and then use a paring knife to remove the skin and white pith. Carefully cut and release each segment from between the membranes. Reserve.
- In a blender, add the olive oil, orange zest, and fresh herbs. Pulse until blended. Continue to blend on medium speed until the herbs and zest are finely chopped. Add the pepper and pulse quickly. Pour into jar or plastic container. Keep leftover oil refrigerated for up to one month and use as a marinade for fish, poultry or vegetables.
- Toss the reserved orange segments, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and basil lightly with ¾ cup of the orange scented herb oil. Season with salt. Top each cracker with the mixture and serve.