FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sunny Lemon Bars
The flavors of fresh lemon juice and grated lemon peel dominate this dessert, inviting sensations of sweetness and tanginess to dance with your taste buds.
View all tips »
Line pan with aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for easier clean up. Remove foil before cutting.
When grating lemon rind, use only the yellow part of the lemon. The softer white rind underneath will add bitterness to the recipe.
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine (4 oz.), softened
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix and butter with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan, press mixture evenly. Bake about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same large bowl, stir together eggs, sugar, flour, lemon peel, baking powder and salt. Stir in lemon juice. Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until top is light golden brown. Cool completely – about 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.