FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Super Salad with Creamy Almond Dressing
Some foods (such as broccoli, almonds and tomatoes) have been discovered to be “super” for your health. They are all featured in this lovely, light chopped salad.
View all tips »
To speed the ripening process, place avocados in a paper bag and keep at room temperature for a few days. Once ripe, store in refrigerator several days.
- 6 tablespoons chopped, blanched almonds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup(s) canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 6 thin slices red onion
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, cubed
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head romaine or butter lettuce
To serve, put lettuce on each plate and add dressed salad. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
- Put almonds and water into blender and run on high to purée. Add remaining ingredients, except for oil. Blend and whip thoroughly.
- With motor running, slowly pour in oil and blend until the dressing is thick and creamy. (Dressing can be prepared and refrigerated up to 1 week.)
- Put ½ cup dressing in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Add all ingredients, except lettuce, and toss to coat.