FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet Corn & Bacon Cornbread
This delicious cornbread is traditionally prepared in a cast-iron skillet, but a muffin tin or loaf pan will work equally well.
View all tips »
- If you bake individual muffins, the cooking time will be reduced by about 8 minutes.
- Buttermilk makes this bread especially light, but regular milk can also be used.
- Add one-cup grated, sharp cheese for a wonderful variation.
- 1 pkg. Krusteaz® Natural Honey Corn Bead and Muffin Mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- .6 cup(s) milk or buttermilk
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh sweet corn kernels or canned corn
- 1/3 cup(s) melted butter, bacon drippings or olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) green onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grease 10” iron skillet
- In a mixing bowl, combine Krusteaz Natural Honey Corn Bead and Muffin Mix, milk or buttermilk, butter, sweet corn kernels, most of the bacon, green onion, cayenne and egg. Stir briefly to mix. Batter will be similar to thick pancake batter.
- Pour batter into skillet and sprinkle top with remaining bacon.
- Bake for about 22 to 26 minutes, or until top is browned and sides pull away from the pan. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before serving with honey and/or butter.