FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet-n-Savory Green Beans
Green beans are a dinnertime favorite; and with the endless variations they lend themselves to, it’s easy to see why. This particular recipe combines green beans with the seasonal fruity flavor of cranberries for the perfect side dish.
View all tips »
To bring out the flavor of cumin, you can lightly toast the seeds in a small skillet, then pound with mortar and pestle.
To toast almonds, cook in small nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Toasted, salted Marcona almonds can be substituted.
- cup(s) sherry
- 1/4 cup(s) Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) blanched almonds, toasted (see tips)
- 10 oz. fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cumin seed (see tips)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 4 oz. Craisins®
- If using fresh green beans, cook in salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain, then rinse in cold water.
- Combine onion, water and salt in large skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates.
- Add beans, garlic, butter, cumin and curry powder. Stir to coat beans.
- Stir in dried cranberries, sherry, juice cocktail and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle with almonds.