FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Brilliant color, naturally sweet taste and a simple recipe. The whole family will love this chunky fall side dish made with sweet potatoes, nuts and fruit, all available in club.
- 2 1/4 lb. sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cubed
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup(s) dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) dried cherries, chopped
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl; mash. Cool slightly. Stir in the egg whites, syrup and vanilla.
- Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the pecans, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with apricots and cherries. Bake 5 to 7 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°F and the fruits are heated through.