FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet Potato Fries
In a creative twist on the classic burger companion, ruby yams replace potatoes and they are baked rather than deep-fried. People are absolutely crazy about these golden, crispy fries.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 3 lb. sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into .50" slices, then sliced again into .50" strips
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme (or .50 teaspoon dried), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup(s) Panko or breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, Panko and half the parsley. Toss to mix.
- Dip sweet potatoes into eggs. Shake off excess and toss in Panko mixture to coat.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet (don’t crowd the pan). Bake until fries are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to platter. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.