FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet Potato Scones with Dried Apricots and Pecans
Bring unique flavor to the breakfast table with moist and delicious scones. With a hint of sweetness and apricots and pecans for texture, these are sure to impress guests served with a cup of coffee.
View all tips »
Serve with honey maple butter.
- 1 cup(s) sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 10 Tbsp. cold butter
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ground cloves.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. Break up with mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add whipping cream, apricots and pecans into the flour mixture just until moistened. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Pat into a round disk and cut into 8 wedges and place on a greased cookie sheet and brush lightly with whipping cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.