FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet Potato Soup with Sour Cream and Pesto
Once ingredients are chopped, this recipe is a cinch. Serve with crispy crust bread for a wholly satisfying meal.
View all tips »
Serve with sour cream and pesto.
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) pesto
- Heat butter in a large pot until melted. Add onions, garlic and sweet potatoes. Cook for 7 minutes until tender.
- Add chicken broth, orange juice, zest, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- In a blender, purée soup in batches until creamy in texture.
- Garnish soup with sour cream and pesto.