FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet Potatoes and Apples
This side dish doubles as dessert, celebrating our fall season's selection of fresh apples and sweet potatoes with hot, tender bite-sized pieces in a sweet cinnamon sauce.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) cold water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain sweet potatoes and cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4-inch slices. In a greased 13x9-inch baking dish, layer half of the apples and sweet potatoes. Repeat layers.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, cinnamon and salt. Pour over sweet potatoes and apples.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until apples are tender.