FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sweet and Spicy Meatloaf
If the flavor of a traditional family favorite becomes a little too expected, infuse some excitement! Here, hearty meatloaf adopts sweet and spicy Thai chili flavors with hints of refreshing ginger.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup(s) panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 pkg. (2.5 pounds) Honeysuckle White® 93/7 Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2 cup(s) Thai chili sauce, divided
- 4 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger; cook about 5 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and panko. Add turkey, onion mixture, ketchup, 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce and the soy sauce; mix gently but thoroughly (mixture will be very wet).
- Lightly coat an 9 x 5 x 3 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Transfer mixture to loaf pan, mounding it in the middle. Brush with remaining Thai chili sauce.
- Bake in middle of oven about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted into meatloaf reads 170°F.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving; meatloaf may be served hot, room temperature or cold.