FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Tangy Asparagus Soup
A simply stunning start to an impressive lunch or dinner, this recipe leans on asparagus for its brilliant color and rich flavor.
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1 cup(s) sliced onion
- 2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine and coriander. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Do not drain. Cool slightly. Place in blender; cover and process until pureed. Stir in pepper. Keep warm.
- To make crisps, heat a lightly greased small skillet over medium heat. Add about 2 tablespoons cheese; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Carefully flip the Parmesan crisp; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove to waxed paper to cool. Repeat.
- In a small bowl, combine the creme fraiche, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Ladle soup into cups; dollop with creme fraiche mixture. Serve with Parmesan crisps.