FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Tequila Lime Chicken Tostada
A tangy marinade imparts classic south-of-the-border flavors while gently tenderizing the chicken to create tostadas for your bash. Serve this with ice-cold Mexican beer.
For Marinade (Makes about 1 1/2 cups; best if prepared a day or two before using.)
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Tabasco® (or favorite hot sauce) or 1 Tbsp. chipotle chile, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) white tequila
- peel from 1 lime, grated
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground oregano
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Put chicken in a large glass bowl and cover with marinade. Let marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain marinated chicken and pat dry. Drizzle with vegetable oil and lightly salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken until fully cooked (about 12 minutes). When cool, chop or shred chicken. Set aside. (Chicken can be used warm or at room temperature.)
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Cook tortillas on both sides until crisp, and then drain on paper towels. Set aside.
To assemble tostadas at party time:
- Warm refried beans in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Place one tortilla shell on a plate. Top with 2 or 3 tablespoons of warm refried beans. Add a handful of shredded lettuce, then about 1/2 cup of the tequila lime chicken.
- Drizzle over all with salsa; add a sprinkle of grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Finish the tostada with avocado slices and a generous sprinkling of cilantro leaves.