FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Terracotta Cheesy Chicken Bake
Servings: 4 to 6
Inspired by old-world Italian brick-oven recipes, this chicken dish gets an “easy bake” spin for the busy cook at home. Skillet-seared Artisan Fresh™ Garlic, Herb and White Wine Seasoned Chicken Breast is bias-sliced, topped with provolone and layered on a bed of three-cheese (pecorino, Parmesan and mozzarella) macaroni studded with bacon and broccoli. Finish off this quick-built dish with some herbed breadcrumbs and pop it into the oven.
- 1 pkg. Artisan Fresh™ Garlic, Herb and White Wine Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (1.5 lb. bag)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 strips cooked Wright® Brand Bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup(s) cooked broccoli
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/8 cup(s) pecorino cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) herbed breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 jar (16 oz.)Alfredo sauce
- 4 cup(s) cooked macaroni
Serve as a stand-alone meal with a crisp salad on the side. Instead of buying pre-shredded cheeses, shred cheeses at home for a fresh and flavorful touch to this dish.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Sear chicken breast for 3 minutes on each side, then reduce heat to medium and cover for approximately 20 minutes. Turn breast occasionally until fully cooked and an instant-read thermometer reads 165˚F. Remove from pan and let rest 10 minutes, then bias-slice breast and set aside.
- Combine macaroni, Alfredo sauce, broccoli, bacon and shredded cheeses together and add to a casserole dish. Layer macaroni with sliced chicken and top with provolone cheese slices. Sprinkle top layer with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400˚F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are toasted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.