FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Texas Hold’em High Sandwich
This easy-to-make summer sandwich is loaded with smoked sausage, crunchy bell peppers, flavorful sweet onions, cheddar cheese sprinkles and barbecue sauce. It’s one hot Texas-sized meal with a sweet and tangy twist.
- 2 links Cavanaugh Smoked Sausage, grilled, thinly horizontally sliced
- 1 French bread loaf, Texas toast sliced, toasted
- 6 oz. Zesty bell pepper relish, commercially prepared
- 1/2 cup(s) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) Bakers & Chefs™ Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Daily Chef™ Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup(s) red onions, diced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Tone's® Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup(s) KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue sauce
- Heat sausage as directed on package and slice thinly (horizontally).
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat and cook bell peppers until tender; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pan over medium-high heat and cook onions until tender. Add the Worcestershire sauce and salt; cook until almost dry. Stir in barbeque sauce.
- Evenly spread cooked bell peppers on bottom roll. Stack slices of sausage, drizzle barbecue sauce, and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place top roll on top of stack.