FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Thick Spicy Chili
Thick, savory and a nice kick of heat.
View all tips »
Substitute ground venison for the ground beef.
- 1/4 cup(s) butter OR margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper (medium), diced
- 2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 can (29 ounce each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Tone’s® Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Tone’s® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp. Tone’s® Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Tone’s® Restaurant Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Tone’s Sea Salt
- 2 can (15 ounce each) kidney beans, drained
- Melt butter in large pot. Add onions, green pepper, celery and minced garlic. Sauté until tender but not brown. Add ground beef and pork. Stir occasionally until meat is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, water, sugar, spices and sea salt. Mix well. Simmer at least 2 hours. Add kidney beans; heat for 5 minutes.