FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Toffee-Mocha Cream Torte
Servings: 12 - 14
This torte not only looks impressive, it awakens your senses with aromatic coffee and it tastes downright dreamy. Bring home Daily Chef™ coffee for especially rich flavor.
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) baking cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp. hot water
- 2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 6 Heath candy bars (1.4 oz. each), crushed, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Dissolve coffee in water; stir into batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350°F for 16 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For topping, dissolve coffee in water in a large bowl; cool. Add cream and brown sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with 1 1/3 cups of topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of crushed candy bars. Repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator.