FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Tomato, Avocado and Corn Salsa
Fast, colorful, and oh so good, this zesty salsa is perfect for parties year-round. Serve with blue corn or regular tortilla chips.
View all tips »
- Increase the amount of jalapeño pepper and/or add crushed red pepper flakes for more "heat."
- To save time, use canned rathan than fresh jalapeño peppers.
- Salsa may be made a few days in advance to let the flavor mingle, but add the avacado just before serving.
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1 11-ounce, whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can ripe olives, drained and chopped (6 ounce)
- 3/4 cup(s) red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Combine the diced tomatoes, corn, olives, red onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, cilantro and cumin in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the avocado.