FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Tomato Bruschetta with Grilled Scallops
Easily prepared ahead, here’s a summery classic with a definite beach feel.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, minced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- tsp. salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp. oregano or dried thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 8 slices French bread or baguette
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. scallops (seasoned with salt, pepper and ground cumin)
- Garnish: 1 Tbsp. capers or 40912 cup chopped parsley
- Dice cherry tomatoes and drain. Mix with red onion, lemon juice, salt and oregano. Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Rub bread slices with garlic clove and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Brush on olive oil mixture. Toast in 350 ° oven until crisped (12 to 15 minutes.). Set aside.
- Put remaining olive oil and butter in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. When butter is sizzling, add scallops. Cook for about 4 minutes each side until browned and firm. Slice scallops through the middle to get two discs, each with one browned side.
- To serve, spoon some tomato mixture onto bread, top with a scallop slice and garnish with capers or parsley.