FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Take fresh slices of bread brushed with olive oil, toast them until crisp and golden brown, then top it all off with tomato, onion, basil and melted cheese. You’ll be left with nothing less than a flavorful, mouth-watering snack.
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, cut diagonally into 24 slices
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained (14.5 ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- .1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush both sides of each bread slice with oil. Place slices on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon evenly divided portions onto each slice of toast. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.