FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken and cheese, paired with pineapple and sparked with barbecue sauce, give these hearty nachos tropical flair.
View all tips »
- Leftover turkey may be substituted for the chicken.
- Shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese may be substituted for the Monterey Jack cheese.
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved (8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rotisserie chicken, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup(s) piña colada mix
- 6 cup(s) white corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped Sargento® Cheddar-Mozzarella Natural Blends Sticks
- 3/4 cup(s) Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 Tbsp. teriyaki cooking sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 2-quart ovenproof baking dish.
- Drain pineapple tidbits; reserving juice. Place the red bell pepper, red onion and half the reserved pineapple juice in a bowl.
- Mix shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, cilantro, piña colada mix and remaining pineapple juice together in a saucepan and warm over low heat.
- Spread a single layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer half the chicken mixture over the chips. Sprinkle with half the chopped cheese sticks and half the Monterey Jack cheese. Sprinkle with the marinated pepper and red onion. Repeat to build a second layer, ending with a layer of chopped cheese sticks and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. Remove from the oven and drizzle with teriyaki cooking sauce. Sprinkle with pineapple tidbits and green onions. Serve hot.