FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
While trout may be the main player in this tasty meal, the sauce plays a spectacular supporting role with a blend of rich, savory flavors steeped together.
- 4 (6-oz.) trout fillets
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tsp. seafood seasoning (Like Old Bay® or Zatarain’s®)
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stick, cubed, softened unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped dried parsley leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Season the trout fillets with the salt and seafood seasoning. Lightly dredge the seasoned trout in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Set a 10-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot, place the fish fillets in the pan, 2 at a time and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Place the cooked fillets on an oven-safe platter and place in the oven while you cook the remaining fillets.
- Once the fish are cooked, return the skillet to the stovetop and set on medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and once melted, add the shallots. As the shallots cook and the butter stops foaming, about 30 seconds, add the white wine, lemon juice and parsley to the pan. Continue to cook for 15 to 20 seconds, swirling the pan occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Remove the fish from the oven and pour the sauce over top the fish. Serve immediately.