FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Tuna and Potato Salad
This tuna and potato salad is a simpler variation of the very chic salad Niçoise, featuring tuna, potatoes, green beans and olives served on a leaf of lettuce. Try serving it during an outdoor lunch or brunch.
View all tips »
For a more authentic salad Niçoise, add 4 anchovy filets, 4 hard-boiled egg halves and 2 tablespoons capers to the salad.
- 1/2 lb. golden skinned yellow potatoes, cut into 1/4” slices
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 5 oz. solid white albacore tuna, drained (Brand varies by Club)
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced olives, kalamata or ripe black
- 6 leaves romaine hearts
- 1/3 cup(s) Vidalia onion or balsamic salad dressing
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from water using a slotted spoon. Rinse with cold water until potatoes have cooled to room temperature and set aside.
- Return pot with hot water to heat. Stir in green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water until green beans have cooled to room temperature and set aside.
- Toss potatoes with 1/4 cup of dressing. Arrange lettuce on one half of a serving plate. Spoon potatoes onto one side of plate. Toss in the dressing residue from the bowl used for potatoes. Arrange in a pile on serving platter.
- In the same bowl, toss tuna with dill. Mound on serving platter
- Arrange tomato wedges and olive slices on platter. Drizzle lettuce, tomatoes and olives with remaining dressing and serve.