FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pico de Gallo Turkey Quesadillas
A traditional Spanish relish—pico de gallo—gives these quesadillas extra flavor while using turkey deli meat makes them a snap to prepare. They’re terrific as appetizers or a light meal.
View all tips »
- Flat-leaf parsley may be used in place of cilantro.
- 1 medium lime yields about 2 tablespoons juice.
- To cut the quesadilla into wedges, use a pizza cutter or scissors.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fajita seasoning
- 6 slices Castle Wood™ Variety-Pack Deli Meats, Turkey (sliced into strips)
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and lime juice in a bowl for pico de gallo. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add the thinly sliced onion and green pepper. Cook and stir vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, fajita seasoning and turkey strips. Mix vegetables and turkey with one-half of the pico de gallo and set aside to keep warm.
- In a heavy skillet, heat one tortilla over medium-high heat. Spread ¼ cup cheese over the tortilla and top with the turkey/vegetable mixture. Sprinkle another ¼ cup cheese over the turkey/vegetable mixture and top with another tortilla.
- When the bottom tortilla has browned slightly and the cheese has started to melt, flip the quesadilla over to cook the opposite side. Slide the cooked quesadilla onto a plate and cut into 8 wedges. Repeat with the remaining 2 tortillas and ingredients.
- To serve, top with remaining pico de gallo and sour cream.