FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Cheese, mushrooms and asparagus make these stuffed bakers richly satisfying and pretty enough for a special dinner.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large (or 4 small) Portobello mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup(s) asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) chèvre (goat) cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub potatoes, poking several holes in each with a fork. Bake for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in olive oil for 8 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Let potatoes cool. Slice lengthwise and scoop potato meat into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, butter and milk to the bowl with potatoes and whip to blend. Fold in the mushrooms and asparagus.
- Scoop mixture back into the potato skins, sprinkle with Parmesan and dot with butter on top. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until crispy and golden on top.