FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
This beautiful side dish can really make a meal. Between the vibrant color or the mix of smooth sweet potatoes with savory bacon that's seemingly moments from overflowing onto your plate, your guests won't know which to compliment first.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 2 cup(s) (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375°F for 1 1/4 hours or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.