FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Twisted Chicken Tetrazzini
Servings: 6 to 8
Zucchini brings color and a touch of the summer garden to this classic dish, named for an Italian opera singer. Gemelli is a fun corkscrew-shaped pasta, but traditional spaghetti works just as well. This can be prepared the day before and baked to serve.
View all tips »
Other pasta types—such as penne (pens or tubes), fusilli (little springs) or farfalle (butterflies or bow-shaped)—may be used in place of gemelli pasta.
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 3 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-grated nutmeg
- 2 cup(s) quartered and sliced zucchini
- 12 oz. gemelli, or another dry pasta
- 4 cup(s) chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large saute; pan over medium heat until foamy. Add mushrooms and season with pepper. Saute; mushrooms until the liquid evaporates and mushrooms begin to turn golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and continue cooking over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the broth, cream, milk and wine. Continue stirring and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add zucchini and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Return water to boil, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Toss the pasta, mushroom sauce, rotisserie chicken, zucchini and half-cup parmesan cheese together in a large bowl. Taste for any additional seasoning, and transfer to a shallow, buttered 3-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and top is golden brown.