FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Two-Cheese Mac 'n Cheese
Daily Chef™ pasta paired with fresh cheddar and Asiago cheeses will transform this traditional kid-favorite into an entree or side dish fit for adult tastes.
- 16 oz. macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, optional
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 5 cup(s) (20 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup(s) shredded Asiago cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, if desired; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt until blended; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in 4 cups cheddar cheese and Asiago cheese until melted. Mixture will thicken.
- Drain macaroni and return to the pan; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.