FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Upside-Down Orange French Toast
Plan ahead to serve this citrus-infused breakfast. Orange peel, orange juice and optional orange liqueur combine to deliver a uniquely exhilarating flavor designed to jump-start your morning. Allowing ingredients to fuse overnight makes for a manageable morning and a memorable taste.
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 12 slices French bread (3/4 in. thick)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. butter flavoring
- Place butter in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine the sugar, pecans, orange peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- Arrange bread in dish. Dot with cream cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, orange liqueur if desired and butter flavoring; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. To serve, invert slices onto plates.