FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Velveeta® Mac and Cheese
If you look up “comfort food” in the dictionary, mac and cheese should definitely be the illustration. This hearty and satisfying version of the classic will truly hit the spot any winter night.
View all tips »
Save the rind of Parmigianino Reggiano to enhance a hearty vegetable or chicken soup. Cut it into chunks and add it to the pot for the last half hour of cooking. It adds a subtle, cheesy richness.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni Pantry Pack
- 2 slices whole wheat or French bread
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmigianino Reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup(s) milk (regular or low-fat)
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 cup(s) Kraft® Velveeta®
- 1 packed cup cheddar or Gouda, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender-firm.
- Meanwhile, toast bread and then grind in food processor to fine crumbs. Mix with grated Parmesan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon onto crumbs.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk, broth and onions. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and cook to thicken, 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and mustard until melted and smooth.
- Mix macaroni into cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into a shallow pie plate or brownie pan and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown and casserole is bubbling.