FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Walnut Apple Dessert
Servings: 12 to 16
Part cake, part pie. Bring home a bundle of tart, crisp apples from your club for this tasty fall dessert.
- 8 cup(s) sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. In a bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar.
- Add eggs. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread over apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 55 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.