FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Much like sorbet or Italian ice, this easy dessert recipe uses Sam’s Club quality fresh watermelon to deliver a light, refreshing taste without the guilt.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water
- 6 cup(s) cubed watermelon
- Small watermelon wedges, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a blender, process watermelon in batches until smooth. Strain; discard pulp and seeds.
- Transfer to an 8 inch square dish; stir in sugar mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2 to 3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with melon wedges if desired.