FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Western Baked Bean One Dish Supper
A meaty baked bean dish with a little heat and a little sweet.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 3/4 cup(s) minced onion
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 can Bush’s® Original Baked Beans (16.5 ounce each)
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 lb. cooked ham, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- cup(s) water or apple juice
- Crumble the 90% lean ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté until meat begins to release fat. Add onions, garlic and peppers and continue to sauté until meat is no longer pink and peppers are softened, about 7 minutes total.
- Add all remaining ingredients (reserving 3/4 cup of bacon) into pan and stir to mix.
- Transfer to a 9 by 13-inch casserole. Cover and cook in a 325°F oven for 1 hour. Uncover, sprinkle on reserved bacon, and cook an additional 15 minutes.