FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Whole Grain Buttermilk Waffles
Add Fiber One® original bran cereal to the batter and create delicious fiber-rich whole-grain waffles.
- 1 cup(s) Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) Gold Medal® whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Maple syrup, if desired
- Fresh raspberries, if desired
- Heat waffle maker. Place cereal in Ziploc® Brand Storage Bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In large bowl, mix cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg, oil and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients just until smooth. (Batter will be thick.).
- For each waffle, brush hot waffle maker with vegetable oil. Spread batter onto center of hot waffle maker. (Waffle makers vary in size; check manufacturer's directions for recommended amount of batter.) Close lid of waffle maker.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Carefully remove waffle. Serve immediately. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and raspberries.