FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Wild Rice Salad with Grapes and Shrimp
This is great served on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce. It can also be served alone (in place of a potato or pasta) as a starch salad on a buffet.
- 6 oz. wild rice
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. curry powder, or more to taste
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- tsp. white pepper
- 1 cup(s) pe pieces, toasted
- 2 cup(s) cooked medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red grapes, halved
- 1/3 green onion, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cook wild rice in salted water according to package directions.
- Combine mayonnaise, vegetable oil, lemon juice, sugar, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Add mayonnaise dressing and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour (and up to 8) before serving on a bed of shredded lettuce.