FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Wisconsin Blue Cheese Turkey Salad
Impress your guests with this sophisticated salad. Blue cheese adds sharpness to a sweet and savory dressing over salad greens and turkey for a staple that is anything but boring.
View all tips »
Variation: Gorgonzola cheese can be used for the blue cheese.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 8 cups torn assorted salad greens
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey or 8 ounces sliced turkey
- 1 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup(s) pecan halves
© 2011 Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.
- For the dressing, in a blender or food processor, combine the oil, onion, vinegar, honey and hot pepper sauce; purée.
- For the salad, toss the greens lightly with some of the dressing, to coat. Arrange the greens on a platter. Top with the turkey, blue cheese and pecans; drizzle with additional dressing.