FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Zesty Ham and Cheese Muffins
Savory muffins deliver excitement to your morning with a blend of irresistible ingredients like fresh ham and sharp cheddar cheese. These breakfast treats are satisfying and great for fueling up on the go or a mid-morning brunch.
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup(s) cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded process cheese (Velveeta®)
- 5 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk and pepper sauce.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the ham, cheddar cheese and process cheese.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon butter.
- Combine the paprika, parsley and pepper; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.