FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Zesty Orange Pancakes
The lively flavor of orange gives these pancakes a sunny personality. Serve them with warm maple syrup or a berry compote and spoonfuls of whipped cream to make a weekend breakfast extra festive.
View all tips »
- For best results, let the pancake batter rest 3 to 6 hours before using.
- To determine if the griddle has reached the proper temperature, sprinkle it with a few drops of cold water. If the water bounces and sputters, the grill has reached the proper temperature; if it merely sits on the griddle and boils, the griddle is not hot enough.
- Test the batter by cooking a small sample pancake and adjust as needed: If too thick, dilute by adding a little water; if too thin, add a little flour.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) Simply Orange® Juice
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- Stir milk and vinegar together in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes until curdled. Whisk in the eggs, orange juice and melted butter.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest in a mixing bowl. Whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture until mostly combined, ignoring the lumps.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat (or heat a griddle until it reaches medium heat). Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray (or melt 1 tablespoon butter and swirl it around the bottom of the skillet). Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the skillet or onto the griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes over with a spatula and brown the opposite side, about 2 more minutes.