FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls
These delightful, slightly spicy sausage and cheese balls are sure to be a hit at your next party. You can make the balls in advance, freeze them and cook them when you need to, so it can be worth your time to make extras.
View all tips »
- You can also make these appetizers on the stove top if you don’t feel like heating the oven. Just mix the ingredients and shape into balls as directed, then cook half the sausage balls in large skillet over medium heat for 15 to 17 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 160°F), turning frequently. Remove from skillet and place in a single layer in a shallow pan to keep warm. Repeat with remaining sausage balls and serve with toothpicks, if desired.
- You can shape the sausage balls ahead of time and freeze them. When ready to serve, heat oven to 375°F, place frozen balls on lightly greased baking sheet and bake 16 to 18 minutes or until done (160°F).
- It’s easiest to mix the sausage mixture with your hands. Mix just until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- 8 oz. Jimmy Dean® Regular Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose baking mix
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- .1 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until just blended. Shape into 36, 1” balls.
- Place on 2 lightly greased baking pans.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked to 160°F.
- Serve with toothpicks, if desired.